VSF CAMP 12
A LA RECHERCHE DE NEMO
Snorkeling, Discovery of the Marine life, Ceramics...
AGE 6 - 10
Theme: "Séjour Plage et Aventure"
Fun in the sun, swimming in the sea, and a chance to view marine life in their natural habitat is simply an amazing experience.
"Under the Sea"-- that's where you should be, when you travel to places with coral and beautiful fish-life. Everyone should snorkel, and with a little effort, kids as young as six years old can have a really fun experience!
Snorkeling is an opportunity to enter a world of fascination, color and serenity.
Némo the fish-clown has been spotted along the coast of Leucate! Our campers are going to search the Mediterranean in the pursuit of Némo!
SNORKELING AND DISCOVERY OF THE LOCAL MARINE LIFE:
For young children, snorkeling is a great introduction to underwater sports and can be their first step towards learning to dive. Snorkeling is great fun, easy to learn and an ideal way to also build up confidence in the water! (This activity will be supervised by a professional instructor)
- Discovery of the under water sea life, first with a face-mask-- without the snorkel. Let’s find where Nemo and his friends live!
- Learning to swim with fins: As a supplement to traditional swimming, and by evolving very easily in the water by means of small games (slaloms, races etc…) children will progress at their own rhythm.
- Learning to breath under water using the snorkel. Once they feel
at ease, children will try real-life snorkeling in the sea.
- Fishing, building small aquariums, study of the local marine life.
- Drift fishing in the lagoon :
There the children will learn a typical local way of fishing called « La Pêche à la Caluche » a fisherman uses a boat to set the net 800 meters out to sea and the children who remain on the beach have to haul in the net, hopefully with fish, shellfish and crabs inside for dinner.
- Hiking trip on the "Leucatois Plateau":
On this classified nature reserve (Natura 2000) overlooking the sea, we will use our binoculars to carefully observe the birds living in this area...a great breath of fresh air!
- Ceramic Workshop:
Guided by a real artist, our campers are going to design a collective Fresco following the theme of the sea.
- Artistic workshops: making of costumes and arts and crafts based on the camp’s theme,
- Kite Workshop:
Every child will have his/her own kit to build his personal kite. He/she will decorate it and competitions will be organized on the beach!
- Accrobranches (Adventure trails at the tree climbing center):
More than 100 adventure trails in the trees! Zip wires, monkey bridges and nets ... so much fun!
- Kite flying and games on the beach
- Tales and legends of the Sea
- Hiking trips, games and of course Parties !
Choice of Field Trips
- Visit to the Leucate Coast guard station.
In the French Mediterranean Sea, there are 19 stations used by the Navy to supervise air and sea activity (surveillance mission). The station of Leucate dominates a magnificent cliff; from there the children will be able to view the entire coast!
- Visit to local museums.
> Activities will be scheduled according to the wishes of the children
and the proposals of the teaching staff.
Lodging: CENTRE DE LEUCATE, in 3 buildings surrounded by 170 acres of land, offering rooms with 5 to 6 beds with shower facilities on each level (2 storeys high). A large dining-room divided in 3 areas (per age groups), 6 activity rooms, a show room and a small library as well as a circus tent and several playgrounds are there for the children to enjoy (...to read more click here) .
|RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW !|
VSF gives children from around the world a real chance to practice their language skills by living in total immersion with French children of their own age in a real French Summer Camp!